After a 3 month layoff Becky rocked outdoor Zumba! Thanks to Becky and all who attended!
Caribbean Rhythm Dance Party with Ramon! Every Saturday @9am OUTDOORS!
To our valued members,
from Owner & Operator of HHF & SAC, Ted Curtin.
This is a very trying time for most Americans and most of the world. My focus has primarily been on my local community and the community at Hampstead Health and Fitness and Salem Athletic Club. From the first day this virus looked like it may become a serious threat I had a meeting with a group of seniors at HHF to let them know that in order to protect them, the most vulnerable to this threat, we most likely would not be running silver sneakers classes the following week. That was on 3/13, and since that day this threat has consumed my thoughts, it has been my primary focus every waking moment trying to do what is best for our employees, our members and community. Many of you that know me personally know that I care greatly about our members and staff, many of you are like family to me and I have spent my career in the fitness industry working very hard to consistently make decisions that will best impact everyone. This period of time has been the biggest challenge of my life.
We closely followed government guidelines, expanded the frequency, thoroughness and effectiveness of our cleaning protocols which were already at a very high-level to keep everyone who came into our health clubs safe. We eliminated groups meeting at the clubs and went to live online classes exclusively. We kept a close eye on and managed the flow of members into the club based on state and federal guidelines. We enforced sanitization of everything members touched before and after use while in the club to minimize any exposure. The staff at both clubs are absolute superstars and I thank them all for that, the best of the best!
Last week I submitted an exemption request to be added to the ‘essential business’ list from the State of NH to stay open with restrictions but I was just notified that it was denied. My plea to the state was that HHF houses a Rehabilitation Facility as well as a Chiropractic Office, both deemed essential by the state and we serve many members of the community that find us ‘essential’ and we 1000% know we are essential to those members. Many are cardiac care patients, cancer patients, those struggling with depression, anxiety, and many use the gym to combat substance abuse issues, many just to relieve stress and feel normal. I feel that we could have stayed open in a very responsible way to serve those members so please accept my apology to the many I had discussions with regarding their personal struggles, I did everything I could.
I am disappointed to let you know that we will not re-open until the state decides, which at this point is slated for May 4th, I am hopeful that will be sooner.
What you need to know about your membership
Our membership billing was per usual submitted in March for April so expect a membership draft.
- If you are an EFT member (monthly billing) and we are closed for the entire month of April you will receive one month of not being billed and we are currently working on a process to manage this and will follow up asap.
- If we are closed for 2 weeks for example, you would be charged an adjusted prorated amount for May.
- If you have a paid in full membership you will not lose any time and the length of which we are closed will be added to the end of your current expiration date.
- If you are taking part in our live online classes while we are closed, your membership will function as normal. All instructors are being paid to teach their classes remotely and that will continue throughout the duration of our closure.
- If for some reason we are not able to reopen (which is very unlikely), any prepaid dues are refundable through a state required bond.
- If your current financial situation has been compromised let us know, your April payment can be refunded and your membership can be frozen for no charge until you can return to normalcy and to the club.
- If you are a recent short-term member that joined in March due to your regular fitness facility closing, your membership will be frozen to be used when we re-open or you can request a prorated refund.
- To be clear, every members situation is different and will be handled as such and no member is in jeopardy of losing any funds or any membership time.
WHEN THIS IS OVER, PLEASE SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES OTHERWISE YOUR CHOICES WILL BE LIMITED TO CORPORATE AMERICA, CORPORATE HEALTH CLUBS AND THE STORY OF DAVID VS. GOLIATH WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT ENDING.
Thanks to the several dozen members who offered to help in any way they could, the cards and emails we received in gratitude for doing our best during this time of uncertainty, I am blessed.
Hoping I covered it all but any questions or concerns should be emailed directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
In health and best wishes to you and your loved ones,
Starting on Monday 3/23/2020 we will be using Zoom to share live virtual group exercise classes free to all our members.
Call the club at (603)382-9291 within 24hrs of class start for your Meeting ID code for the Zoom app.
Please call daily for Meeting ID’s, available exclusively to our members. ID’s will be available 24hrs before class start and cannot be given out any sooner.
Do you love Zumba? Join the ZEP Challenge. Track your Zumba activity on your MyZone tracker starting Feb 17th and you could win our prize!
Lose and WIN! Starts March 1st.
Call Alec for more details: 508-838-0942 MatthewAtwood21@gmail.com
Change Your Body, Change Your Life
Starts January 13th
Merriest Christmas to all from the sweaty Zumba peeps at HHF!
Club HoursREGULAR HOURS
Mon-Thu: 4:45am - 9:30pm
Fri: 4:45am - 9pm
Sat: 6:30am - 6pm
Sun: 7:00am - 5pm
HHF KIDS GYM HOURS
Mon-Thurs: 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Sat: 8:15am - 12pm
Fri and Sun Closed
Mon-Thurs: 8am - 12pm & 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Fri: 8am - 12pm
Sat: 8:15am - 12pm
45 Danville Road
E. Hampstead, NH